You can place an online order from Saturday at 6pm until Wednesday at 8am any week you like, any time of the year. No pre-payment, no commitment to receive food every week, and we can deliver your order to your door! Here’s how it works:
- Register online any time and we'll send you an e-mail reminder when ordering opens for the week. You can register either for delivery to your door or to pick up at our micro-market. When you enter your zip code you’ll find out if your address is on our delivery route and whether you’ll get delivery Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. Or you can choose to pick up your order at our Lansdowne store on Thursday or Friday 4-7pm, or on Saturday 8:30-2:00.
- We make home delivery easy because you don’t have to be at home when we deliver! Your food will stay cold until the evening in one or more of our coolers. We’ll leave your order outside in a location you indicate (ie: on the porch, next to the garage), or we can deliver inside your door if you provide us with a key. (We’re bonded and insured for your peace of mind.)
- Order online between Saturday at 6pm and Wednesday at 8am. Be sure you click the “Place Your Order” button at the bottom of the order review page and then check that you received a separate confirmation in your e-mail. If you do not get a confirmation in your e-mail, we did not get your order. Contact us for assistance.
- First-time orderers: look for a welcome email message a day or two before you’ll get your order.
- Receive your order. We will pack your order and deliver it to your designated spot on your delivery day OR your order will be ready for pick-up at the HLF micro-market on the day you requested.
- Pay for your order. For delivery customers: We will pay your invoice with the credit card information you give us by phone…we’ll call you on your first delivery day. Check your email about mid-day on your delivery day for your final payment receipt. It will include an approximate delivery time.
- Pay for your order. For pick-up customers: check your email in the early to mid-afternoon on your pick-up day to see your invoice. You can pay at the store with a credit card, cash or check when you pick up.
- Unpack your local and organic groceries being sure to check carefully underneath the ice packs any packing materials. If you are a delivery customer, please wipe out the cooler(s) and leave the ice packs in the cooler. The next time you order, put the cooler(s) out in the morning for us to pick up. (Please don’t store the cooler(s) outside. Animals seem to love to chew on them and the weather can cause a lot of wear.)
- Enjoy your local and organic food!
- Order again soon!
Watch this video for a quick, behind the scenes look at how our local, organic groceries groceries get from the local farmers to your fridge!top
You can place an order with Harvest Local Foods any week you like, any time of the year. There is no pre-payment, no commitment to receive food every week, and we can deliver your order to your door!
Watch this video for a quick, behind the scenes look at how our local, organic groceries groceries get from the local farmers to your fridge!
- What day will I get my food?
- How do I know if my address is on your delivery route?
- When can I order?
- How do I order?
- Do I need to be at home when you deliver?
- What if I don’t have a porch or a backyard or am not comfortable having my order left outside?
- Are there any delivery fees or other fees?
- How do I pay for my order?
- What do I do with the cooler?
- What if I want to add something to my order, but I placed it already?
- If I'm coming to the store, do I need to order ahead?
- Will I get everything I ordered?
- Why are some of your prices higher than at the supermarket?
- How much of your food is local during the winter months?
For more information: email us at email@example.com, or call 484-461-7884
Thanks for buying local!
- Wednesdays we go to center city, W. Philadelphia and every other week to South Jersey suburbs
- Thursdays we go to Northwest Philadelphia, NW suburbs and the Wilmington, DE area
- Fridays we go to Delaware County and the Mainline
- Thursdays or Fridays, 4-7pm or Saturdays, 8:30-2:00.
- Enter your zip code on the registration page
- If it’s not on a current route, call or e-mail us!
- From Saturday at 6:00pm to Wednesday at 8:00am
- If you’ve registered, you’ll get a reminder email newsletter on Saturdays
- If you're on our South Jersey route, you'll get a e-mail reminder to order every other week
- Click the ORDER button and register – the order form will open
- Fill in the amounts you want of each item
- Scroll to the bottom and click REVIEW ORDER. You can change quantities or add items then click RETURN TO ORDER FORM
- After the final review, click PLACE ORDER
- Look for a confirmation email
- Contact us if you don’t get the confirmation
5. Do I need to be at home when you deliver?
No. Your order will come in one or more Harvest Local Foods coolers to ensure that your food will be at the peak of freshness when you receive it. Your order will be packed with ice-packs to keep it cold until evening.
If you are not at home at the time of delivery, we can leave your order in a location you indicate when you register (e.g. on the porch, next to the garage…). Some people provide us with their garage code, a key to a locked yard gate or to their front door. (We are bonded and insured to deliver just inside your door if you provide us with the key.)
HLF employees are bonded and insured so we can offer the option of in-home delivery. You provide us with a key and we place your cooler(s) just inside the door.
- FREE DELIVERY on first order
- No fees to join
- $10.00 fee for delivery to Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs
- Only a $5.00 delivery fee for zip codes 19018, 19026, 19050, 19082)
- $20.00 one-time cooler deposit for delivery customers
- $6.00 per order delivery fee (reduced from $10) for two orders delivered to one address
- HLF will charge the amount of your invoice, as well as the one-time $20 cooler deposit fee, with credit card information you provide us by phone
- The order confirmation you receive right after you order has an estimated total
- Final invoice total may vary due to substitutions, variations in item weights, and unavailable items
- We will check with you in the unlikely event that the final invoice total is more than 20% greater than the estimated total
… if I pick up at the micro-market?
- Pay at the time of pick-up with cash, credit card, SNAP access card, or check
- Pay online using a credit card – bring a copy of the confirmation page
- Place a second order
- Note in the comments section that these are additions
11. If I'm coming to your micro-market, do I need to order ahead?
No. You can shop at the market during any of our open hours (Thursday and Friday 4-7pm, Saturday 8:30-2:00). The advantage of ordering ahead is that we run out of inventory on some items.
- Usually, but not always – Local food is more subject to weather, transportation challenges, human error, etc.
- We will deduct from your final invoice anything that is shorted
- Please be flexible
- We promise – it will be worth it!
13. Why are some of your prices higher than at the supermarket?
The prices of local foods from small, sustainable farms reflect the true costs of raising delicious, nutrient-dense food, that is, the cost of treating workers with dignity, caring for the land and animals humanely, and transporting food at it's peak of freshness to market. Conventional foods might cost less, but there are hidden costs passed on to workers (health problems from pesticides), the environment (degradation from factory farming of animals and unsustainable farming methods) and all of us. Future generations will be paying the difference indefinitely.
The industrialized food production system (more and more of which is called "organic") is heavily subsidized by the government; this has its own serious problems--for one, it creates artificially low prices; small, sustainable farms receive no subsidies (and don't want to, given the strings attached).
The good news is that we can help create healthy, new systems! We (and our farmers) appreciate your willingness to shift food dollars from conventional, industrialized foods to local, sustainable, truly organic foods. Whenever possible, we pass along price reductions from our producers; sometimes we need to pass along price increases as well. Thanks for your commitment.
- About 80% (some of the produce and nearly 100% of the meat, dairy, and pantry items)
- We always try to source locally first
- Some winter produce is from Florida, California or other North American locations
- Click on the green button next to each item for its source
- We do not sell food from outside N. America except for fair-trade organic bananas, coffee, and vanilla
When you place an order you acknowledge and agree to:
- Review your confirmation e-mail to ensure that the items you ordered and the quantity you ordered are correct. Check especially that the unit ordered is what you wanted (i.e that you haven’t ordered 5 lbs of apples when you really wanted 5 apples).
- Cancel orders no later than Tuesday at 9am and only when absolutely necessary. Please call or e-mail us and make sure that we confirm the cancellation by phone or e-mail. Cancellation are difficult for us because when you place your order the items you have selected are subtracted from the available online inventory so that no one else can order them. If you cancel your order we need to put those items back into inventory and hope that they sell before online ordering ends on Wednesday morning. If you find that you need to cancel an order after Tuesday at 9am, please contact us, and we can let you know your options.
- Take care when lifting you cooler (sometimes they can be quite heavy). If the cooler is too heavy for you, remove part of its contents before lifting the cooler.
- Take responsibility for designating a safe spot for the cooler(s) to be left; if you have any doubts, please take advantage of the key option. HLF is not responsible for orders that have been stolen or have spoiled due to excessive time between cooler delivery and unpacking (i.e: leaving your cooler out after 9pm on the day of the delivery).
- Report any spoiled or missing items as soon as possible after you’ve received your food. We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. All invoices are considered accurate after 7 days. Please, before contacting us about a missing item, be sure to look under the ice packs in your cooler. We often put frozen items underneath. (We’re never happy for our customer or for ourselves when we find a package of meat returned weeks later in what the customer thought was an empty cooler!)
- Wipe out your delivery cooler(s), leave the ice packs inside, and put them out for pick up on the day of your next delivery. Please treat our coolers with care! We like them to look clean and undamaged for the next customer. If your cooler has been damaged (i.e. left outside so that is weather-beaten or chewed by an animal—which definitely happens!) or is so dirty that we cannot get it clean, we will inform you and will charge a new cooler deposit of $20 on your next invoice. Damage from what we consider regular wear and tear will not result in a new deposit being charged.
- Let us know if you want to return your cooler(s) for the deposit refund. We will make a one-time courtesy attempt to pick up your cooler(s) on your regular delivery day. If you miss putting out your cooler(s) that day, you can return you cooler(s) by bringing them to our store at 303 Windermere Avenue during our open hours. Once your cooler(s) are returned we will refund your deposit (providing you have no outstanding balance due) by credit card (if we have a current card on file) or by check, mailed to the address we have on record (unless you provide us with another address). If you do not return your cooler within 6 months of your last order, we will consider that you have bought it from us and your deposit will be converted to a non-refundable purchase.
- Safeguard the password you use to access to the Harvest Local Foods service via our website. You are solely responsible for any authorized or unauthorized access to your account by any person. You agree to bear all responsibility for the confidentiality of your password and all use or charges incurred from use of the Harvest Local Foods service with your password. You agree to notify us promptly of any unauthorized use of your password and you will remain liable for any use of the Harvest Local Foods service until you notify us of the unauthorized use of your password. (Your password is encrypted in our database so that it cannot be stolen by a hacker…even we can’t tell what it is.)
- Notify us of any changes to your banking/credit card information. You will be charged for your groceries on the day of delivery. We reserve the right to temporarily suspend your account and possibly send it to a collections agency in the event of extended open invoices? We would do this only after repeatedly attempting to inform you of the open invoice(s).
When you place an order HLF agrees to:
- Deliver the cooler(s) to the spot you designate OR to communicate with you about any necessary change. HLF is not responsible for orders that are stolen, eaten by animals, or left outside beyond 9:00pm on the day of delivery.
- Fill your order accurately; we occasionally make substitutions with similar items. We are not responsible for items that do not come in, and we do not have the staff to notify you of such omissions or substitutions ahead of time. (You will see on your final invoice a charge of $0.00 next to any items that had to be omitted.)
- Treat your order with the utmost care, e.g. check that eggs are not cracked, package glass items with cushioning material, inspect frozen meats for torn wrapping
- Offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Please call or e-mail as soon as you notice a problem
Last week for our gift offerings.... It's Tea Time! ON SPECIAL this week are three items from local artisans... Buy one of each (the scone mix, one t...
7.26.13 Green Papaya Salsa
Green Papaya Salsa (Servings: 14 2-ounce portions) Ingredients 20 ounces green papaya, peeled, and diced 3 ½ ounces tomat...
6.29.13 Rainbow Chard with Crushed Tomatoes
Sautéed Rainbow Chard with Crushed Tomatoes (Servings: 2-3) Ingredients: ¾ - 1 pound Rainbow Chard** 2 cloves of m...