ON SPECIAL this week are ham steaks, apple juices and the season's last apples.
ON SPECIAL! $1.00 off per pack on your invoice. From Highview Farm in Hanover Township, NJ we offer easy-to-fix, tasty ham steaks from pigs that grow up in a certified, humane animal treatment environment (meaning, among other things, that they live outside with plenty of space to roll around in the mud and be pigs!) and are "apple-finished" (they are fed local apples toward the end of their lives).
Just pan-saute ham steaks until brown on both sides, then add a bit of stock or water...
Sautéed Broccoli Rabe
- ½ pound broccoli rabe**
- 2 cloves of minced garlic**
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots**
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice**
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt**
- 4 quarts of water
- Trim and clean broccoli rabe. (This is just a matter of trimming the bottom ½ inch off, and cutting back some excess leaves surrounding the florets.)
- Bring water to a boil, add broccoli rabe and blanch for 1 minute.
- After blanched, immediately place broccoli rabe in ice water to stop cooking.
- Heat olive oil in pan and add shallots. Sauté for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Add broccoli rabe and sauté for additional...
- 1 cup white rice**
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon butter—(Trickling Springs Farm)**
- 3 tablespoons minced spring garlic—(Landisdale Farm)**
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot**
- 1 tablespoon thyme (or savory herb; i.e. oregano, sage)—(Turtle Patch)**
- 1 each bay leaf—(Turtle Patch)**
- 2 thin slices of lemon**
- 1 teaspoon sea salt**
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Heat pan, then add butter, shallots, & spring garlic. Sweat for 1 minute.
- Add rice and sauté for additional 2 minutes while stirring constantly
- Add stock (preferably pre-heated) bring to boil.
- Add herbs, bay leaf, lemon, salt & pepper.
- Cover & reduce heat to low.
- Allow to cook for additional 30 minutes, or until rice is...
(Servings: 1 Quiche)
- 8 ounces Heavy Cream
- 8 ounces ½ & ½—(Natural by Nature)**
- 2 each Whole eggs—(Swiss Villa Farms)**
- 4 each egg yolks—(Woodside Farm)**
- ½ cup of sliced mushroom—(Mother Earth Organics)**
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill—(Marolda Farms)**
- ½ cup shredded Gruyere cheese—(Calkins creamery)**
- 1 teaspoon Jim’s Hot Sauce—(Christina Maser)**
- 1 teaspoon sea salt**
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pie crust**
- In a large bowl, mix cream, ½ & ½, whole eggs, yolks, salt, pepper, hot sauce, and dill. Whisk until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- In piecrust, lay mushrooms down first, followed by half of the cheese.
- Pour egg and cream mixture into piecrust.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top...
Buena Vista, Atlantic County, New Jersey
April 18, 2013 by Mary Ann
"If only I could capture the essence of each of the farms that I visit with some gadget... I'd be thrilled". That's what I thought as I drove away from Marolda Farm. I think in the general public's mind there are just two kinds of farms -...
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 ½ lbs. Chicken legs—(Shady Acres Farm)**
- ½ Cup minced Shallots**
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Ranch Dressing
- ¾ Cup Jim’s Hot Sauce—(Christina Maser)**
- 1 ½ Cups Shredded “Vampire Slayer” style Cheddar—(Calkins Creamery)**
- 1 (6 ounce) package Honey Mustard Pretzel Pieces—(Hammond’s Pretzels)**
- 1 Stalk Celery**
- Season chicken legs with salt and pepper and roast at 350˚ for approx. 35-40 minutes
- Allow legs to cool, then discard skin and pull leg meat.
- Begin to sauté shallots in large pan until translucent. Should take 1-2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add chicken meat and hot sauce to pan. Cook for another 1-2 minutes...
If you have not already heard through our enews letter, FaceBook page or twitter feed, we are running a raffle through May.
How it works:
Every week in May you will receive a raffle ticket with your order. Simply fill out the required information and return with your cooler. At the end of the month we will be drawing two lucky winners for a months worth of FREE DELIVERY in June. If you are a pick-up customer, and win, you will receive $10 off all June orders. Remember folks, the more orders you place in May, the more raffles you can...
Please copy and paste link from below to your url to view video:
Tagliatelle Pasta with Mushroom Marinara
- 1 pound fresh Tagliatelle Pasta—(VERA PASTA)**
- 5 quarts of water
- 4 Tbsp. sea salt**
- Bring water to boil
- Add sea salt
- Add pasta and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Drain and toss with cream sauce
Mushroom Marinara—(2 Quarts)
- 1 fluid ounce Olive Oil
- 8 ounces Onions (small dice)**
- 1 bunch minced spring garlic—(Landisdale Farm)**
- 20 ounces Tomato Puree
- 1 ea. #10 can Crushed Tomatoes—(Jersey Fresh)**
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil**
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano**
- ½ pound sliced Shitake Mushrooms—(Mother Earth Organics)**
- Sweat onions, spring garlic and mushrooms in olive oil
- Add the crushed tomatoes, puree, and oregano
- Simmer the mixture to achieve a heavy consistency
- Add basil and adjust...
Fresh Lamb Sliders & Remoulade
- 1 lb. (approx.) fresh ground lamb—(High View Farm)**
- 3 Tablespoon minced shallot**
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon
- 1 Tablespoon Blueberry Honey—(Fruitwood Orchards)**
- 1 Tablespoon Finely chopped Rosemary**
- 1 egg**
- ¼- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt**
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup shredded smoked Gouda—(Calkins Creamery)**
- In bowl, mix shallot, Dijon, honey, rosemary, egg, salt and pepper until blended.
- Next, mix lamb and Gouda into mixture above
- Add bread crumbs a little at a time until desired consistency is achieved
- Place mixture in refrigerator for 1 hour
- Form patties
- Cook over medium heat on grill...
FARM & FOOD ARTISAN VISITS
THIS WEEKS SPECIALS
GET FREE DELIVERY
NEWS & EVENTS
MAKE IT FROM SCRATCH: EASY DIY TIPS FOR YOUR KITCHEN
NEW THIS WEEK
ON SPECIAL this week are ham steaks, apple juices and the season's last apples. ON SPECIAL! $1.00 off per pack on your invoice. From Highview Farm in...
6.14.13 How To Video: Massaged Kale
6.14.13 Broccoli Rabe Recipe
Sautéed Broccoli Rabe (Servings: 2-3) Ingredients: ½ pound broccoli rabe** 2 cloves of minced garlic** 2 ta...